Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Poetic Asides Prompt--On the Other Hand























On the Other Hand

On the other hand of spending the day
in resting, and leaving the house in disarray,
I intend to make it my mission
to beat my housework into submission.
On this, my resolve will not sway.

But it would be nice to hit the hay
to relax with a book, come what may
and put myself out of commission,
on the other hand.

My laziness I must waylay
and begin my broom ballet.
But so much for that rendition.
Has anyone seen my ambition?
It must have gone on its merry way,
on the other hand.

We ask you, brothers, to respect those who labor among you and are over you in the Lord and admonish you, and to esteem them very highly in love because of their work. Be at peace among yourselves. And we urge you, brothers, admonish the idle, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with them all. See that no one repays anyone evil for evil, but always seek to do good to one another and to everyone. I Thessalonians 5:12-15

No comments: