Sunday, December 30, 2012

Poetic Bloomings Resolve for poetry


Wedding Vows to My Muse

 

My darling Muse,

I promise

to nurture you through the bread of the Word

and wine of the Spirit.

 

I promise

to strengthen you by reading works of other poets

and poetry how-to books (including doing the exercises)

and continuing to write a poem a day.

 

I promise to

make you happy

by increasing my skills

in the use of metaphor, details, meter and rhyme.

 

I promise

to strengthen our social life as a couple

by participating on poetry blogs and challenges

and by helping and encouraging friends through poetry.

 

I promise

to not hold you back,                         

by publishing poetry books and

submitting poems to magazines and journals.

 

 

This I promise, for better or worse, in 2013.

No comments: