Saturday, February 22, 2014

worship poem


Drawing Near

Lord, I thirst for Your love, for Your presence so dear.
Yes, I feel I am fine when You surely draw near.
I’m ashamed of some things I have thought, said and done,
and I ask for forgiveness for each single one.
Lord, I trust that You’re faithful to hear my request.
And regarding forgiveness, yes, You are the best.
Loving Father, please heal me and make my heart clean,
for on You I will always depend, wait and lean.
So with joy I will praise You for being so good
and for grace that You give me to live as I should.
With excitement, I plan and will live out this day
for I know You are with me each step of the way.
So I thank You for Jesus who came long ago
and Your Spirit who guides me in His gentle flow.
As in Heaven, let Your will be done on this earth
and may all come to know of the spiritual birth.
I look forward to Glory where I’ll always be
with my loved ones and You, the divine Trinity.

No comments: