Sunday, September 7, 2014

Imprompt About a Picture

Image of Creative Process

In my comfy chair, laptop on lap,
music playing on radio,
hubby putting groceries away,

our man shaking jingle bunny,
our lady’s TV blaring from the other room,
Kindle calling me, too.

My goal is to write,
at least, a bad poem,
so I know I’ll succeed.

At times,
I surpass my expectations
and write a good one.

But sometimes,
it’s hard to tell the difference
between the good and bad

because you know that phrase,
“’To each his own,’ said the old lady as she kissed the cow.”?
It goes double for poetry.

2 comments:

Jules said...

Every poem has value.
Some less some more.
If they make one person smile, even if it wasn't you - the writer, then it was still very worth the while.
I'm smiling.

And now I'm going to nod off. - Up too early with sinus issues that's why I was cranky... at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it :)

Hannah said...

Sometimes less is more and the thing we least suspect to muse on is the very thing indeed. :)