Friday, October 24, 2014

poewar verbs

Walking in the Rain

Yesterday, an autumn day, I walked in the rain.
I about forgot how I loved to splash about in a downpour.
Being outdoors makes me feel adventurous and alive,
Especially in the rain amidst the brilliant leaves turning.

A stranger poked his head out of his SUV shouting,
“You’re going to get wet, girl!”
Something about walking in the rain
Elicits comments from strangers.

I remember walking in the rain as a little girl
And people who would pass me
Would say something clever, funny or stupid,
Like, “You’re going to get wet.”  Duh.

As I walked, the rain pelted off my wind breaker.
I felt sheltered, yet exposed to a delightful world,
of beauty, of orange and golden leaves glistening.
I basked in rain, like beachgoers do the sun.

I entered my home delighting in the warmth.
I nestled in my recliner and sipped hot tea.
A bit saddened, I wondered how long
It would be till I walked in the rain again.

No comments: