Wednesday, November 19, 2014

PAD Challenge Excuses

Spark’s Bedtime Excuses

My friend can stay up longer than me.
I need my Teddy bear. I have to pee.
It’s too noisy. Too light. Too hot.
I have to feed Billy the bug. I forgot.

Tell my Teddy to stop staring at me.
I need something to drink and something to eat.
My tummy hurts and so does my head.
There’s a monster under my bed.

Please tell me a story and sing me a song.
I’m ready to tell you what I did all day long.
I need to say my bedtime prayer.
I think I have gum in my hair.

On my windows, I hear tap, tap, tap.
Mama, let me sit upon your lap.
I’m not tired. Why do you get to stay up?
I ran out of water in my cup.

My wings want to flutter. My feet want to run.
I need to finish my game, I wasn’t done.
Too many thoughts run in my head.
I can’t sleep with crumbs in my bed.

Mama moved her chair near the door,
but didn’t listen to Spark any more.
His plan to stay up didn’t keep.

Finally, he fell fast asleep. 

No comments: