Tuesday, November 4, 2014

PAD heroes

Heroes

Winkle and Sprinkle
put on their capes to play.
Sprinkle said,
“I’m Superman today.”

Winkle said, “Don’t be silly!
You can’t be Superman.
You’re a girl.”
Sprinkle said, “Oh, Yes I can!”

Sprinkle said, “I can fly.
I’m strong.
I can leap tall buildings
in a single bound.”

“You can not!” shouted Winkle.
“Can too!”
“Can not!”
“Can too!”

“You’re not strong,” said Winkle.
“I’m stronger than you!” said Sprinkle.
 “You are not!”
“Am too!”
“Are not!”
“Am too!”

“I’m faster than you,” said Winkle
“You are not!”
“Am too!”
“Are not!”
“Am too!”

Mama Fairy
came in wearing a frown.
With a wave of her wand,
sat those little fairies down.

“You aren’t a hero just because you can fly.
Or are stronger or faster than your brother.
Heroes use what they can do
and what they have to help each other.”

 “Heroes know good from bad
and right from wrong.
You would be my heroes
if you’d just get along!”

“Sorry,” said Winkle.
“Sorry,” said Sprinkle.
And off they flew
to be the heroes they could be
and do what heroes do.  

No comments: