Thursday, December 18, 2014

Poetic Asides High

Post-Bucket List

I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.” I John 5:13 

It’s fun to come up with a bucket list,
those things you’d like to do
before you kick the bucket.

But my list is rather long,
and I think about those post-bucket days
in heaven.

What will it be like?
What will we do?
We have forever!

So here is my post bucket list:
Climb to the highest spot in heaven,
whether it’s the original Mount Everest or not.

Learn to ice skate
and dance like an Olympian
to music I’ve composed myself.

Speaking of musical instruments,
I want to learn them all!
Since we have eternity, I may as well.

And writing! After I finish
all the books I started.
I’ll write some more.

Won’t it be fun to write the tales
of Peter, Paul and Mary
(not the singing group) but maybe them, too.

Painting! Talk about living color!
I’ll experiment with all the old colors
and the new ones, as well.

And travel? Just think how big heaven is.
I’d like to explore its dimensions,
via sail boat, hot air balloon, and bike.

Is snow warm and, perhaps, colorful?
Imagine down-hill skiing
with no fear of broken bones!

Think of meeting those from history,
famous people and ancestors,
hearing their stories,

I look forward to meeting Uncle Bill,
my dad’s dear brother
who died in WWII.

And of course, dance with Jesus,
along with children skipping along
among the flowers and singing praises.



No comments: