Sunday, October 18, 2015

10 16 15

Family

I called my niece.
Michelle, are you coming to brunch?
What? I thought we were going to supper.
Supper?
Where are you?
Cheyenne. Where are you?
Minnesota.
Oh, I know what I did. I called the wrong Michelle.
Michelle, my niece, couldn’t go to brunch.
But we had a delicious omelet breakfast
with sister-in-law, Ineke.
Ineke’s like my own sister.
We have had such good times
and bad times, too.
Like the time she wrecked my bicycle
and broke her arm.
Moments are so fleeting.
We’ll never run out of time in heaven.
Soon we were on I80
About half way to Lincoln
a jeep ran us off the road.
I said the one word prayer,
“Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!”
Lori drove down the median,
over the cop car rode,
and between two poles,
and stopped.
Thank You, Jesus.
It could have been much worse.
At Lincoln,
we ate pizza with Judy and Mike
and played Splendor,
an addictive game
with chips and cards.
Thank You, Lord.
Special times with family
are few and far between.

No comments: